The hubby and I have been going on more date nights than usual, or maybe it just seems that way now that he is out of school. But I thought I’d show you all my go to look for when I go out with him. I know many people love the smokey eye look, and I can’t blame you. It’s sexy! However, I’ve always felt the smokey eye is for those nights out on the town. The times when you get dolled up, put on those killer heels, and dance the night away. But since I just don’t go out like I used to, I have to try and sneak that look in when I can. So I came up with my own softer smokey eye, that has a hint of color. It still makes me feel good, but not as overdone. So here’s how it goes.
Date Night Makeup
Above you can see the colors I used, and some of the other makeup I use for this look. They include: Coastal Scents makeup palettes, elf foundation, elf cream eyeshadow, lid primer (urban decay), black eye liner (stila), mascara (mary kay), bronzing powder (mark), smashbox artificial light luminizing lotion, bronze bliss lip gloss (mary kay). These are just things I use, but you can use whatever colors or brands you like.
So this is me to start…
1. Make sure you start with a clean and moisturized face.
2. I know everyone has their “way” of applying foundation and powder, so that would be your next step.
3. Apply lid primer. Optional, apply a cream eyeshadow close to your skin tone, mine has a little shimmer. (top left)
4. You will apply the color that will eventually be your hint of color. I used a coral/red color (bottom right, in colors pic). Apply it just above and into the crease of your eye, and bring the color down to the outer corners. (top right, above)
5. With a blending brush, blend out the edges of color you just applied. (mid. left, above)
6. Brush entire lid with the color you would like for your lid (mid right, above). I used a light coral color. (bottom right, in colors pic)
7. Take a dark coordinating color (top left, in colors pic) and use a fluff angle brush to apply it to the outer corners of your eyes, halfway across your lash line, and halfway across the crease of your eye lid. (lower left/right, above)
8. Finish it off by lining your eye (top & bottom) with a black eye liner, as close to the lash as possible. Then smudge your upper lid with your finger to soften the liner. (bottom, above) Add mascara. Optional, go over the liner of your upper lid with the dark color crease color you used to blend further; and add the first color (bottom left, in colors pic), underneath the liner of your lower lash line and blend.
9. Apply a very light color (top right, in colors pic) to the inside corners of your eyes, optional. I like to do this to lighten up my eye slightly. And highlight your brow with a shimmery color (middle, in colors pic). Add blush if you like, and highlight your cheeks.
10. Add some lipgloss, and Enjoy!
Yeah I had fun taking pictures after this was all done. Sometimes I get carried away! But I hope you try it out some time, if not for date night, then just for fun. Let me know what ya think. Hope you all have a great rest of the weekend, and I’ll see you next week!
Until next time…